The following are some of Dan’s achievements in Employment, Business and Commercial, and Civil Rights Litigation. Many case resolutions are confidential, and therefore cannot be published on this website or elsewhere.
– Recovery of nearly $1.2 million on behalf of employees denied equity when departing former employer.
– Nurse prevails after five-day jury trial against Bayheath Medical Center, the jury awarding her nearly $300,000 as a result of Bayhealth discriminating against her due to her record of disability. Read the article.
– Recovery of $1.7 million in breach of contract and unjust enrichment litigation.
– Surgeon defeats former medical practice’s non-compete breach of contract claim contending Surgeon owed $200,000 in liquidated damages. Read Decision Here.
– Defense verdict on behalf of a construction-development firm after three-day jury trial (avoiding liability in excess of $120,000), also winning counterclaims for non-payment.
– Recovery of more than $173,000 on behalf of vice president denied remunerations after he resigned. Read Opinion Here.
– Confidential Settlement ($300,000) in excessive force matter.
– Complete dismissal of former hedge fund manager’s claim to nearly $1.1 Million in back pay and benefits. Read Decision Here.
– Successful defense of multiple former-employees sued over non-competition, non-solicitation, and/or confidentiality violations; matters resulted in settlements wherein former-employees paid $0 for dismissal of the litigations.
– Prevailed at trial (obtained judgment in favor of Defendant avoiding all liability) on behalf of law firm sued by former attorney for nearly $110,000 in alleged unpaid wages and liquidated damages. Successfully affirmed judgment in the Delaware Supreme Court.
– Defense verdict with respect to lead charge after two-day jury trial on behalf of client charged with recklessly endangering police officer with his vehicle.
– Confidential Settlement ($135,000) in gender discrimination and constructive discharge employment matter.
– Prevailed at jury trial in litigation involving unpaid sales commissions.
– Confidential settlement on behalf of former director-level employee alleged to have been denied bonus.
– Dagsboro Man Settles Taser Suit for $270,000.
– Former Blades, Delaware Police Corporal Defeats Motion to Dismiss in employment constructive discharge lawsuit. Read Opinion Here.
– Defense verdict on behalf of couple after three-day jury trial in defamation and malicious prosecution lawsuit, subsequently upholding the victory in the Delaware Supreme Court. Read Decision Here.
– Confidential Settlement ($105,000) in sexual harassment employment matter.
– Former hospital employee survives motion to dismiss her Delaware Whistleblower’s Protection Claim, the Court finding that she reasonably believed that bullying was a violation of the law. Read Decision Here.
– Former district employee successfully defends motion to dismiss in employment constructive discharge lawsuit, a Federal Court finding that the employee was a third-party beneficiary to a collective bargaining agreement between the district and a union. The Court concluded that the employee adequately alleged that the district repudiated this agreement by failing to abide by its complaint procedures.
– Prevailed after two-day trial against competing restaurant alleged to have violated restrictive covenants associated with an asset sale.