The following are merely a few of Daniel C. Herr’s achievements in Employment, Business and Commercial, and Civil Rights Litigation. Many case resolutions are confidential, and therefore cannot be published on this website or elsewhere.
– Surgeon defeats former medical practice’s non-compete breach of contract claim contending Surgeon owed $200,000 in liquidated damages. Read Decision Here.
– Daniel C. Herr achieves recovery of more than $173,000 on behalf of vice president denied remunerations after he resigned. Read Opinion Here.
– Daniel C. Herr obtains complete dismissal of former hedge fund manager’s claim to nearly $1.1 Million in back pay and benefits. Read Decision Here.
– Daniel C. Herr reaches confidential settlement on behalf of former director-level employee alleged to have been denied bonus.
– Former Blades, Delaware Police Corporal Defeats Motion to Dismiss in employment constructive discharge lawsuit. Read Opinion Here.
– Daniel C. Herr successfully defends couple through three-day trial in defamation and malicious prosecution lawsuit, subsequently upholding the victory in the Delaware Supreme Court. Read Decision Here.
– Former hospital employee survives motion to dismiss her Delaware Whistleblower’s Protection Claim, the Court finding that she reasonably believed that bullying was a violation of the law. Read Decision Here.
– Former district employee successfully defends motion to dismiss in employment constructive discharge lawsuit, a Federal Court finding that the employee was a third-party beneficiary to a collective bargaining agreement between the district and a union. The Court concluded that the employee adequately alleged that the district repudiated this agreement by failing to abide by its complaint procedures.
– Daniel C. Herr wins case after two-day trial against competing restaurant alleged to have violated restrictive covenants associated with an asset sale.